Europe (Remote), Tallinn (On-site), Berlin (On-site), or relocation to one of these locations.
Earlier this year, we announced that we are joining forces with RapidAPI, the world’s largest API Marketplace serving the fastest-growing community of developers. RapidAPI makes it easier to find, connect to, and manage APIs across multiple cloud environments - from the world’s largest API Hub. And we'd like your help.
RapidAPI was made by developers for developers so they could have one place to access APIs and services to build applications more efficiently and easily. Today, RapidAPI is the world’s largest API Hub where over 3 million developers can find, test, and connect to tens of thousands of APIs — all with a single account, single API key, and single SDK.
Our customers range from individual developers to some of the largest companies in the world. We are doing the hard and challenging work of building products so developers can build, discover, monetize and connect to existing APIs faster while providing IT with enterprise-wide visibility and governance of API consumption. Entrepreneurs and enterprises can concentrate on creating value, and business outcomes rather than the heavy lifting involved with the API lifecycle.
We operate at significant scale, but we’re still tiny relative to the opportunity - the API ecosystem is at the bottom of the S-curve. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to make a massive differential impact to empower developers to build modern software through API innovation, while doing the most important work of your career.
About Platform and Developer Productivity
RapidAPI is used by millions of developers every month. Working at RapidAPI is an opportunity to work at a company that influences how millions of developers build software.
Our engineering teams build highly technical products that fulfill real, important needs in the world. We constantly push the boundaries of API management technology, while simultaneously operating with the resilience, security and scale that is critical to making some of the worlds largest enterprise customers successful on our platform.
We develop and operate one of the largest scale software platforms for APIs on the planet. The service servers trillions of API requests a month. At our scale, we regularly observe cloud hardware, network, and operating system faults, and our software must gracefully shield our customers from any of the above.
Our philosophy at RapidAPI is that we grow and win not by building the best software artifact at a given point in time, but by enabling our engineering teams to iterate rapidly from ideation to production. Consequently, we invest heavily in areas that improve engineering productivity and operational efficiency in order to ensure that we continuously deliver the highest quality products to our customers.
Enterprise + Consumer - this is an amalgamation of two unique challenge spaces - we have RapidAPI.com which is fully self service and used by millions, and also Enterprise Hub which is a strategic enterprise product. Both of them run on the same code base. So you get to drive the underlying platform for two unique spaces in parallel.
We're looking for a product manager to keep building, growing, and maintaining the best visual tools for API developers. You'll be a product visionary who understands exactly where we want to go and an inspiring leader for the team working on the product. You'll work closely with the technical lead and the engineering team for the execution and with the UX design team from the early stage of conception. Specifically you'll work on our API Client and/or API Design tools, respectively a tool to send API requests during the "trial and error" phase of the API conception and one for designing and editing API specification files (including OpenAPI).
You will be both a visionary and a well organized product director who can deliver great features on time.
The ideal candidate will have a mix of product expertise and deep technical knowledge of APIs.
- Lead major product releases for our API Client and/or our API Design tools
- Own the product roadmap, deliver timelines, and work with engineering and design to turn these to reality
- Deeply understand both the needs of individual developers and the requirements of enterprise customers
- Translate these requirements into actionable product requirement documents
- Use both quantitative metrics (analytics, surveys) and empiric deduction/customer empathy from conversations with customers, developers, and your own experience to predict what features (and products) will be needed in the future and drive adoption
- Enable the sales team to present and demonstrate the product by creating documents and organize trainings
- Support the hiring world-class engineers and designers to join the team - as the product manager, you'll be the visionary who sells new candidates to join the company
We’re looking for someone who has
- 5+ years of experience in a product management position
- Experience in leading a productivity tool or a developer tool
- Great product intuition in developer tools - you know how developers want
- Experience in being the visionary for people in the team, carrying the vision for the product and getting people excited about the product they are working hard on
- Experience in either owning an API end-to-end or a genuine interest in the API space (REST, GraphQL, AsyncAPI, possibly even SOAP)
- Knowledge of the enterprise software business
- Proven to effectively communicate with UX designers
- Proven to work effectively with other product managers working on related products
- Nice to have - background in engineering or experience in software development
If that sounds like a great fit for you, send us an email to email@example.com. Please include a link to your LinkedIn profile.