Remote in Europe
At Paw, our goal is to build the best possible productivity tools for developers, and in particular, for building and designing APIs (REST & GraphQL). Paw was launched as a Mac-only application and has recently become available on the Web, Windows and Linux. It allows team collaboration via a cloud-based syncing backend. We’re proud to have Airbnb, Apple, Mailchimp, MessageBird, and many other leading tech companies among our most active customers.
Earlier this year, we announced that we are joining forces with RapidAPI, the world’s largest API Marketplace serving the fastest-growing community of developers. RapidAPI is currently over two million strong and still growing, by helping them discover, connect to, and manage over 20,000 APIs. RapidAPI also has an enterprise platform - the RapidAPI Enterprise Hub - which companies use as a central repository for all of their engineering teams to manage, share, and collaborate on their APIs and Microservices. The RapidAPI Enterprise Hub is used by dozens of Fortune 500 Companies, tying into their critical integration and digital transformation initiatives.
We’re now supporting two flavors of our application: a native macOS version and a Web application. We are facing numerous challenges on the technology side: keeping the interface fast and smooth, scaling a product to be used by millions of developers every month, and enabling the product to be deployed for Fortune 500 companies around the globe. We’re also in the process of unifying the products from RapidAPI and from Paw to build a single cohesive platform.
As a Senior macOS/iOS Software Engineer, your focus will be on building and maintaining a Mac application used by top-tier developers worldwide! As a Cocoa and AppKit wizard, you'll be working on exciting new features to help teams efficiently work together on API projects, be it on the Web or the Mac. Think about this project as a cross-platform Google Docs for API development!
During these challenging times, we’re continuing to grow as a company. RapidAPI has raised $60 million in a Series C investment round in April 2021 from investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Green Bay Ventures, and Microsoft Ventures (M12). With its headquarters located in the SOMA district of San Francisco, RapidAPI was founded by Iddo Gino in 2015. You’ll join the Paw team, which is fully distributed across Europe or optionally work from our office in San Francisco.
We are looking for a talented engineer with a passion for hands-on development, working on a complex code base, developing products with great UI & UX, and thrive to expand their skills every day.
Cocoa/AppKit/UIKit, Core Data, Swift and Objective-C have no secrets for you! You’ll be one of our macOS gurus, and help develop and support one of the most widely used native app for developers.
- Work on a world-class tool for API development with an aim to deploy to 10M+ developers
- Developing a complex application with Objective-C, Cocoa, and Core Data — with integration with a REST API and Firebase realtime database
- Help maintaining high code quality standards and utilize devops tools and automation
- Be the owner of features and sub-projects
- Directly work with the founder of the product
- Deliver improvements and new features quickly
- Help incremental improvements and pragmatic adoption of new technologies
- At least 3 years of experience with Objective-C and/or Swift
- Desire to write clean, maintainable, testable code
- A deep appreciation of well crafted UIs, beautifully designed products and smooth user experiences (you could have been a designer in another life)
- Experience in working in an agile environment
- Experience with a web framework (React, Vue.js, Angular) is a plus
- Deep understanding of web APIs (REST, GraphQL) is a plus
- Experience in working on a productivity app or developer tool is a plus
- Self-driven, self-learner, builder, and achiever! You know how to get things done!
We're looking for very senior engineers and are paying above the market to help attract talented people. The exact compensation will depend on your experience and location.
If that sounds like a great fit for you, send us an email to email@example.com. Please include:
- Link to your LinkedIn profile
- Resume (if your LinkedIn isn't really up-to-date)
- Anything else you have in mind, from a pet project that you're proud of…to your experience with Paw or testing APIs